BT Software Update - Sports Live Events Carousel

Louise MurdochLouise Murdoch Administrator Posts: 102 admin
edited 6 July 2021, 11:16AM in Announcements
A live events carousel has been added to the Sports area. You can now see a Live Events carousel in the Sport Area. This carousel will show you Live Sport Events across all HD sport and non-sport channels.

The Live Channels carousel has now been renamed as Featured Channels.

This update is available for :
  • T2100

• T2200

• T4000

Comments

• VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,170 ✭✭✭
    Hey @Roy isn't that great news!
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭
    Observation : The PSB channels are happy to have their HD channel variants presented in the Live Sports carousel but still present their SD channel variants in the Guide carousel.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 742 ✭✭
    zulu17 said:
    Observation : The PSB channels are happy to have their HD channel variants presented in the Live Sports carousel but still present their SD channel variants in the Guide carousel.
    These guides really seem to annoy you.🤔
    Ignore this if you disagree. 
  • KasabuguKasabugu Member Posts: 2
    Hate the new menu
    "We’ve recently replaced the current menu with a new improved home screen".... who said it is improved, to watch recordings is now several clicks and you have to use the tiny navigation buttons to get to where you want. I seem to keep pressing the back, mute or info button and have to start again!
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Hey @Roy isn't that great news!
    @Visionman

Deckchairs, Titanic. Instead of yet more ways to look at hitball and kickball, why can’t YouView develop something useful, like a proper Hide Channels?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭
    edited 8 July 2021, 8:22AM
    Kasabugu said:
    Hate the new menu
    "We’ve recently replaced the current menu with a new improved home screen".... who said it is improved, to watch recordings is now several clicks and you have to use the tiny navigation buttons to get to where you want. I seem to keep pressing the back, mute or info button and have to start again!
    @Kasabugu

As the text you quote does not appear above your posting, I think you are posting in the wrong thread?

But while there are things to dislike about the new look, neither charge that you lay against it is well-founded:-
    things take the same number of clicks that they did before, but using Down Arrow instead of Right Arrow;
    and Down Arrow is exactly the same sort of button as Right Arrow, exactly the same size and with exactly the same accessibility.

I hate to defend the ‘new improved Home screen’; but surely there is enough wrong with it not to have to raise issues about things that are essentially the same as they were before?

For instance; that getting to Recordings takes the same number of clicks as before is itself an issue, as YouView have missed the long-lamented opportunity to reduce this 😢
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris