Youview guide has changed colour

MarkCMarkC Member Posts: 6
Hi All,
minor issue, but my OCD wants to understand what has happened. I have a brand new Sony TV (KD55A8), which has worked fine for the last few weeks. The youview guide use to be a blue background colour, but a few days ago has changed to a grey background and I don’t understand why or how to change back. Can anyone help?

thanks

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,943 ✭✭✭
    @MarkC

Are you sure you are still on the YouView EPG? Can you scroll back to past days?

If not, then you have accidentally switched to the Freeview EPG, and need to go back to the YouView ‘app’. Which may be labelled ‘Live TV and Internet Catch-up’, rather than ‘YouView’, these days.

‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • MarkCMarkC Member Posts: 6
    @Roy, thanks for your suggestion. I believe I am on the YouView EPG, I can scroll back to previous days and it says ‘YouView’ on the top left corner of the screen. Any other suggestion?
    MarkC said:
    @Roy, thanks for your suggestion. I believe I am on the YouView EPG, I can scroll back to previous days and it says ‘YouView’ on the top left corner of the screen. Any other suggestion?
    Hi @MarkC

OK; assuming you haven’t turned the colour down to 0 😛, have you possibly selected an Accessibility option, for the visually impaired, perhaps, that could have done this?

No doubt @Sarah can tell us if YouView have changed the EPG screen colour in a recent update, but it seems unlikely.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    Hi @Roy,  thanks again for your suggestions. 

The colour appears fine as the green, yellow & blue dots for the options such as ‘categories’ appear in perfect colour on the guide page. I checked the accessibility options, tweaked a few of them, but nothing changed the guide colour! At a complete loss as to what it can be
    @Sarah

Any thoughts here?

At least @MarkC’s TV still works; people over on the Sony Community are reporting major and minor disruptions from the latest YouView update, not to mention a strong groundswell suggesting the the promised unshackling of the Players from the need to have tuned in the terrestrial channels isn’t working either.

Any thoughts on that also?

Best to reply in the Community here I think, but do please PM me, rather than remain silent, if it’s all a bit sensitive.
  • SarahSarah Administrator Posts: 1,760 admin
    Hi @MarkC
    Has the rest of the YouView UI also changed colour or is this only happening in the guide? 
    It'd be helpful to know the YouView Live TV & Catch Up app version and the TV software as well. 
    App version: Settings > Apps > YouView/Live TV & Catch Up
    Software: Settings > Device Preferences > About (under BUILD)
    If you could take a picture so we can see the colour change as well that'd be helpful. 
    Thanks,
    Sarah
    Hi @Sarah, @Roy,
    thanks again for the help. In reply to Sarah’s questions:
     - I don’t know what you mean about the rest of YouView, but everything else seems to be fine.
     - app version is 2020-11-26-d18b31ab1e
     - build BRAVIA_UR3_EU-user 9 PTT1.190515.001.S92 650161

Photo attachedthanks
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 491 ✭✭
    Dont know if the TV is the same as the boxes in this respect, but it looks like you have High Contrast Colours set to On. Try turning this off if set to on.

On the box this is under the Appearance sub menu in Settings.
    Hi @Stevef_fr8ys, thanks for the suggestion, the tv picture seems fine. Couldn’t find exactly what you suggested checking (couldn’t find an “appearance” option, but did find, under settings/device prefs/accessibility, their is a “high contrast text (experimental)” option, that is set to off.
    edited 25 January 2021, 10:47PM
    MarkC said:
    Hi @Stevef_fr8ys, thanks for the suggestion, the tv picture seems fine. Couldn’t find exactly what you suggested checking (couldn’t find an “appearance” option, but did find, under settings/device prefs/accessibility, their is a “high contrast text (experimental)” option, that is set to off.
    @MarkC

And that is exactly the setting you have operational. Try toggling it On, and then Off again, and see if that fixes things.

If not, the official Sony default remedy, a Factory Reset, may accomplish a fix.

The ‘experimental’ may be that the On/Off isn’t working properly 😛
    Hi @Roy,
    tried toggling on & off, no change. Did the factory reset solution & that has fixed it, now slowly reentering all my passwords etc.  Thanks for the help
  • JoeKingJoeKing Member Posts: 2
    Just had this problem. Experimented a bit and found the problem.
    Press YouView, go to settings - appearance - turn off 'High Contrast Colours - Done.
    Now I'm back to a blue guide. Hope this helps.
  • JoeKingJoeKing Member Posts: 2
    I notice that Roy has suggested this. Also when you switch the 'High Contrast Colours' off 
    it should turn to 'blue' which indicates your Guide will be blue. 
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 491 ✭✭
    Dont know if the TV is the same as the boxes in this respect, but it looks like you have High Contrast Colours set to On. Try turning this off if set to on.

On the box this is under the Appearance sub menu in Settings.
    If you go back even further, so did I.
  • JackFrostJackFrost Member Posts: 1
    I've had this grey issue for the last few days and found that if you go to Apps - Live TV & Catch up then clear the Cache and data, all goes back to normal.
    HTH