No channels, no view. Cant reset

jjivejjive Member Posts: 2
Tried switching on tonight. Viewing started loading up. Had not been switched off. Couldn't get any tv even on analogue.  When warmed up, no tv. Got guide but no content,  wrong date  and time. Used settings to reload channels.  No change. Switched powerline off and restarted. Switched box off 3 times. Don't want to do factory reset as will lose 5 years of recordings.
Help

Comments

• DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 532 ✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.
    You can do a soft reset without losing any recordings.
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/
    What Youview box do you have.
    If it's the older T1000 box that box was discontinued a few years ago and now longer supported the latest updates or anything else.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,992 ✭✭✭
    edited August 4
    @jjive  @Darren

There is no analogue TV in the UK any more, it is all digital, and YouView boxes only ever got digital anyway.

And while it is true that T1000s don’t get any updates, and don’t run the newer players, working ones should still do everything they did on day 1; tune in and show TV channels with pause and rewind, allow them to be scheduled and recorded on the box (though not via the remote app any more), and show the original set of Players both directly and from the backwards EPG.

But note that caveat of ‘working’; T1000s do tend to fail over time from a number of causes, more so than the later boxes, even allowing for their greater age,
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • jjivejjive Member Posts: 2
    Hi, thanks for the comments. Have got a T2110. Have just tried the process to do a Maintenance mode reset. but having pressed the power button to say yes, it goes into normal setting up mode. I did get a tv signal later last night, so it is now allowing signal to pass through the box. I do not have a broadband light showing, but settings showed a good signal for BBand;were using Powerline and have done resets on both ends, twice.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,992 ✭✭✭
    jjive said:
    Hi, thanks for the comments. Have got a T2110. Have just tried the process to do a Maintenance mode reset. but having pressed the power button to say yes, it goes into normal setting up mode. I did get a tv signal later last night, so it is now allowing signal to pass through the box. I do not have a broadband light showing, but settings showed a good signal for BBand;were using Powerline and have done resets on both ends, twice.
    @jjive

The normal reset happens if you aren’t quite quick enough to press the Power button, which is natural if you are unsure of the process.

Try it again, and get on that Power button quickly this time.
    The Maintenance Mode Option you want, when you get in there, is Option 2.

But given the PLAs, please do this first, before the MM:-

Turn off the router and both PLAs.
    Turn on the router and give it time to settle (i.e. until WiFi is restored on other devices you may have).
    Turn on the PLA nearest the router, and let that settle (i.e. when the lights on it stop changing).
    Turn on the PLA nearest the YouView box, and let that settle, as above.

Then do the MM Option 2.

This will give you the best chance of everything coming back OK afterwards.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris