youview and Sony Bravia

I recently did a software upgrade on my sony bravia and it I cannot now use youview to access TV programs and apps. 

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,958 ✭✭✭
    @JohnRodger

Greetings and welcome to the Community!

Can’t use it? What happens?

Or do you mean can’t find it, as it is now hiding its light under the bushel of ‘Live & Catchup TV’?

‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • @Roy

Not sure if I'm having the same issue as John, but thought this might be the place to flag a similar-sounding problem I'm having with the Youview app on a Sony Bravia TV running Google TV (formerly Android TV) operating system:

If I save an on demand programme (i.e. something on iPlayer, Britbox etc) that has multiple episodes to the MyTV/Watchlist, it can't be watched by selecting it from the 'Watch List' page of the Youview app. If I select it on the Watch List page, a page then comes up giving me the option to choose an episode, but if I hit OK button again to select one of those episodes, nothing happens.

By contrast:

1) It *does* work from the Watch List for one-off programmes (e.g. a film, or a one-off documentary).
    2) It *does* work from the 'Miniguide' for multi-episode programmes - but only to go directly to the first unwatched episode.

I'm guessing this may be a bug?

James

• 2) It *does* work from the 'Miniguide' for multi-episode programmes - but only to go directly to the first unwatched episode.

Correction: I've now realised that an item from those I've saved to 'My TV' and then selected from the Miniguide (i.e. the menu at the bottom of the screen) always plays from the start of the first episode, not the first unwatched episode.
  • In the past I accessed everything using HDM1 input. With the Sony Bravia software upgrade that changed the basic way my TV appeared to operate.
    I now have to use the Sony Bravia controls almost entirely.
    When I press the Youview button on my Bt Control I get a black line at the top of the screen that cuts off the top of the picture. It has HDMI1 at the top left hand corner. I can't get rid of it.