E4 not available on catch-up TV

EConranEConran Member Posts: 1
I can watch E4 catch-up on mobile or laptop All4 app but not on TV through Youview.  Never had a problem before and all other channels seem fine on catch-up just E4 and in particular Married at First Sight

Comments

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 502 ✭✭
    This is due to a fire affecting C4 and C5 in various ways.

Details can be found here.

https://www.channel4.com/press/news/statement-channel-4-regarding-technical-issues
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 855 ✭✭✭
    edited October 19
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • AnaglyptaAnaglypta Member, Super User Posts: 855 ✭✭✭
    And having wrangled some help from others, subtitles are now being restored on all platforms except Freesat!
    https://www.channel4.com/press/news/subtitles-are-now-available-channel-4-freeview-sky-virgin-media-and-digital-platforms
    John
    "Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity." - George S. Patton
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭
    I believe the issue here in this thread was the absence of content eg Married at First Sight from the All4 App on the Youview box when it was available on the mobile/laptop All4.
    So not specifically the subtitle issue that the channel 4 press releases refer to.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭
    edited October 24
    zulu17 said:
    I believe the issue here in this thread was the absence of content eg Married at First Sight from the All4 App on the Youview box when it was available on the mobile/laptop All4.
    So not specifically the subtitle issue that the channel 4 press releases refer to.
    @zulu17

Even in the past, when Channel 4 and All4 were working normally, I occasionally found that a programme available on catchup on the All4 app on our TV was not available on YouView, sometimes appearing much later, and sometimes not at all, unless or until @Sarah had a word with them.

So I take from this that the YouView feed needs to be separately managed from the other feeds (which themselves may be separately managed, individually or in groups, for all I know).

And these processes have been disrupted by the Red Bee fire, in ways that even Channel Four don’t seem to have a complete handle on.

(Vide https://community.youview.com/youview/discussion/7606746/unable-to-access-my4-through-my-talktalk-you-view-box#latest)

And it’s highly likely that the shift to using Arqiva’s facilities may have other effects than just bringing back subtitles, possibly including a remedy for @EConran’s issue.

So I for one am grateful for all reports about Channel Four’s recovery from its issues, and regard none of them as irrelevant or off topic.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris