Roku / YouTube /Disney +

Hi, are there any plans to add apps for the Roku Channel, YouTube and Disney + ? 

Comments

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 523 ✭✭
    These are dependent on the app owners creating / adapting an app for the boxes.
    This would also be a commercial decision and as such neither app owner or YouView are likely to disclose future plans.
    YouTube has been asked for for years and we are still waiting, plus there are variations based on outlets such as TalkTalk, BT and Retail. Retails boxes still have no sign of Prime for example.
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 541 ✭✭
    edited 26 November 2021, 9:43PM
    The Roku channel as far as I know is only on Roku devices.
    YouTube app would be welcome if it came to Youview but as said it's been asked for a few times over the years and YouTube has still not come to Youview.
    As @Stevef_fr8ys says the Prime app never came to Youview retail boxes and the Prime app is now unlikely to come to the Youview retail box with the retail box now being discontinued and only now getting minor software updates.
    If you want more apps. I would think about getting one of the Amazon Fire sticks.
    It gets software updates at lest once or twice a month and has all the main apps plus a good few more and has Alexa.
    Since I got the Amazon Fire Stick HD 2020 version earlier in the year. I now use the apps on that a little more than I do on the Youview box. Have since got the Amazon Fire Stick HD 2021 version last month for another TV in the house and im giving my sister the Amazon Fire Stick 4k 2021( 3rd Gen) version that I got of QVC with two vouchers included for her Christmas.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,175 ✭✭✭
    edited 27 November 2021, 6:12AM
    Retails boxes still have no sign of Prime for example.

Sadly there are no new retail boxes for sale anymore.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 523 ✭✭
    Visionman said:
    Retails boxes still have no sign of Prime for example.

Sadly there are no new retail boxes for sale anymore.
    Did I say there were?
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 763 ✭✭
    Don't bother
    Firestick at the moment only £14 and roku can easily be sourced for £20.
    Having a youview pvr and a streaming device in tandem is the best solution. 
    Ignore this if you disagree.