You view box not working

Suddenly stopped working early evening 16 January. I have done all the steps to correct. Error code YVM102

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭
    Greetings @jillykins and welcome to the Community!

So I presume you have worked methodically through:-
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/error-messages/fix-for-yvm102/
    if not, please try that now. 

And that you have ensured other devices in your home are working OK over your broadband? (best to check with devices other than mobile phones, so you don’t get tangled up with working cellular).

The next thing is to find some other working device that you have, that does use, or can use, an Ethernet connection (e.g. a laptop with its WiFi turned off), take the Ethernet cable out of the YouView box, plug it into that device.

If it connects OK, then you have truly isolated the problem to the YouView box. But if it doesn’t, then your problem is not with the YouView box, but in the signal path back to, and possibly through, your router.

If you have isolated it to the YouView box, though, then there is one more thing we can suggest; but if it doesn’t work, your box may not recover from it.

So before that, what make and model of YouView box have you got? And is it on subscription with BT or TalkTalk (depending on the model)?

If it is, your next port of call should be whoever you have the subscription with.

But if not, or you exhaust their resources, the option not covered by the YVM102 Help is Maintenance Mode:-
    https://support.youview.com/youview-box/box-and-remote/using-maintenance-mode/

We recommend Option 2 in the first place, as this will preserve your recordings, if you have a recording box. (For a non-recording box, go straight for option 5). Follow the instructions for your particular box, as they vary from model to model.

But do be aware that if the box doesn’t come back connected OK, it will be stuck like it 😢
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • jillikinsjillikins Member Posts: 4
    Many thanks. I'll work my way through that lot
    Service is with talktalk. 
    Box Huawei
    Model DN360T
    Internet worked fine ethernet to laptop.
    TV is working through the box, but guess that's because via aerial.? What do I know?
    I have switched off, reconnected, turned box off from front and back buttons.
    I have no guide preview and no apps.
    Should I nerve myself to ring talktalk? 😞

• Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 581 ✭✭
    No, register here and post. Make sure your profile is complete, and if you are eligible, they will send a replacement box.

https://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/TV/bd-p/116

Much better service than talktalking to someone.

Mention in your post all that you have tried to get the box working too, to save time 
    Wish I'd read this before ringing talktalk. But engineer coming tomorrow. I had to do all the tests again. 🥺🙄
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭
    edited 17 January 2022, 11:22PM
    jillikins said:
    Service is with talktalk. 
    Box Huawei
    Model DN360T
    Internet worked fine ethernet to laptop.
    TV is working through the box, but guess that's because via aerial.? What do I know?
    I have no guide preview and no apps.

@jillykins

What do you know?

Enough to be correct here, anyway. 

Your aerial connection is OK, your tuners are OK, your HDMI Out to your TV is OK. I’ll guess your EPG looks pretty OK also.

Not having the internet connection means no apps, and no images on the thumbnails on the menu screen, which is what you describe.

It also means there is a little less information about each programme on the EPG, since while most of it comes over the TV aerial, YouView augment it with some extra info over the internet. You’d be hard put to notice this, though.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris