You View box from red light to no lights

EMR47EMR47 Member Posts: 1
Returning home after a week, there was a red light on you view box.  Using remote did nothing so turned box off and red light disappeared.  Turned box on again and - nothing.  Worked perfectly a week ago, all connections in place; turned router off and on again.  Still nothing.

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,411 ✭✭✭
    @EMR47

Greetings, and welcome to the Community!

We will need to know which model of box you have to know what the red light meant.

So the box is now completely dead - no lights, nothing on the screen, just as if there was no mains to it at all?

So first thing, check that there is, report back.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Rob PRob P Member Posts: 105 ✭✭
    EMR47 said:
    Returning home after a week, there was a red light on you view box.  Using remote did nothing so turned box off and red light disappeared.  Turned box on again and - nothing.  Worked perfectly a week ago, all connections in place; turned router off and on again.  Still nothing.
    My BT 2110 Youview box suffered the same problem a while back. I left it completely unplugged for a couple of days before deciding to give it one last try and it sprang back into life, so all may not be lost just yet, maybe just give it a day or two powered off and try again.
  • lasse1lasse1 Member Posts: 1
    i have the same problem on a BT 2100 turned it off, next day turned it on and it seems dead, no lights nothing, could it possible be the power supply and can you buy them somewhere?
    erik
    lasse1 said:
    i have the same problem on a BT 2100 turned it off, next day turned it on and it seems dead, no lights nothing, could it possible be the power supply and can you buy them somewhere?
    erik
    @lasse1

Check the power supply and see if it is warm at all. If it is, then it’s not that.

If it’s cold, check the fuse in the plug, see if it’s blown. If not, ensure the entire path from the mains socket on the wall to the power supply is intact and switched on.

If Mrs Mopp has been in, she may have disconnected something to plug her vacuum cleaner in.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • ruwdsruwds Member Posts: 5
    hello, did any of you all get the boxes to work. Mine suffered the same fate mid February. Its a DTR 2100. I think it didn't turn off or something so I unplugged it and after that no more lights when plugged in and turned on at the back. Suspected power supply issue and tried a new one as well but same situation. It does seem to get warm in the middle area but no lights or response to buttons.
    edited 7 May 2022, 8:19AM
    ruwds said:
    hello, did any of you all get the boxes to work. Mine suffered the same fate mid February. Its a DTR 2100. I think it didn't turn off or something so I unplugged it and after that no more lights when plugged in and turned on at the back. Suspected power supply issue and tried a new one as well but same situation. It does seem to get warm in the middle area but no lights or response to buttons.
    @ruwds

And you’ve toggled the power switch on the back of the box a few times?

• ruwdsruwds Member Posts: 5
    edited 7 May 2022, 11:49AM
    Roy said:
    ruwds said:
    @ruwds

And you’ve toggled the power switch on the back of the box a few times?

yea, I have done that few times. Initially when it happened, the box was left turned off for over two weeks and even then wouldn't show the red light. Have left it turned on overnight since then and still no light but does get warm. I did open it up last evening no obvious signs on the circuit board of any damage and what heats up is the main heat sink when plugged in.