New look??

2»

Comments

  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    jonesh said:
    @jonesh, to me it seems to work the same as the old screens in that the topics appear in newest post first order, and if you go into a topic, it goes to the latest post, or am I missing something here.
    Agree the latest post date is missing, but the New flash works for that, and if you want to go back to a topic to read later, it's there to do so.
    If it's not working for you suggest you give more details so @Rohit can look into.
    Somebody is listening @Stevef_fr8ys
    Previously it went to the first post in a thread. Now it goes to the most recent post.
    All is well.  :)

    jonesh said:
    @jonesh, to me it seems to work the same as the old screens in that the topics appear in newest post first order, and if you go into a topic, it goes to the latest post, or am I missing something here.
    Agree the latest post date is missing, but the New flash works for that, and if you want to go back to a topic to read later, it's there to do so.
    If it's not working for you suggest you give more details so @Rohit can look into.
    Somebody is listening @Stevef_fr8ys
    Previously it went to the first post in a thread. Now it goes to the most recent post.
    All is well.  :)
    It behaves differently depending on whether I am logged in or not.
    If I am logged in, clicking on a topic takes me to the latest post. If I am not logged in it takes me to the first post.
    It might have always been like that, but I haven't noticed before. :(
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 615 ✭✭
    Yes, it's always been that way. Logged in it holds a memory of your activity. Logged out there is no memory, so you go to the first post.
  • joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    edited 7 May 2022, 9:57PM
    Yes, it's always been that way. Logged in it holds a memory of your activity. Logged out there is no memory, so you go to the first post.
    Thanks @Stevef_fr8ys.
    I haven't noticed because I have always clicked on the time to get to the latest post.
  • RohitRohit Administrator Posts: 29 admin
    Hi all, we found some issues with the updated mobile site which Vanilla have now corrected. The theme should now be consistent across mobile and desktop with the flag feature also working.

    Thanks, 
    Rohit
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
    Youview obviously have never heard of " if it ani't
      broke don't fix I t"
    To me this change for change sake is a backward step.
    Ignore this if you disagree. Oh wait I just remembered I don't give a 
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 615 ✭✭
    Back to the old look now with dates but the flag feature usable.
    Tried it on the @kodikid post.

    PS only joking!
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭
    edited 20 May 2022, 10:15PM
    Back to the old look now with dates but the flag feature usable.
    Tried it on the @kodikid post.

    PS only joking!

    Does any box still do lists anymore?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
    Hmmm
    Maybe Brit box has Schindler's list.....
     
    Ignore this if you disagree. Oh wait I just remembered I don't give a 
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Hmmm
    Maybe Brit box has Schindler's list.....
     
    And possibly The List of Adrian Messenger, thought that is just about a man who leans to one side….😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 954 ✭✭
    Was that by David Lean?
    Ignore this if you disagree. Oh wait I just remembered I don't give a 
  • TIME4TVTIME4TV Member Posts: 27
    What is going on with Youview the website no longer updated, talk talk no longer offer recordable boxes, the remote record app discontinued with TalkTalk and YouView and no new products and services. Has YouView given up.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭
    TIME4TV said:
    What is going on with Youview the website no longer updated, talk talk no longer offer recordable boxes, the remote record app discontinued with TalkTalk and YouView and no new products and services. Has YouView given up.
    @TIME4TV

    Er, have you come across the new BT Pro YouView box?

    That is a tolerably recent innovation.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 615 ✭✭
    TIME4TV said:
    What is going on with Youview the website no longer updated, talk talk no longer offer recordable boxes, the remote record app discontinued with TalkTalk and YouView and no new products and services. Has YouView given up.
    This thread is not relevant to  YouView boxes and you have already made your point under your main thread.
  • fabianskyfabiansky Member Posts: 2
    edited 20 June 2022, 8:59PM
    Darren said:
    The new look forums seem to be a times now trying to load on my iPad Mini 6 but don't always fully loading.
    I recently purchased an iPad Mini 9 (this model to be exact https://productz.com/en/apple-ipad-mini-9/p/5LzoV )  and I'm having the same problem as you. 
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 615 ✭✭
    fabiansky said:
    Darren said:
    The new look forums seem to be a times now trying to load on my iPad Mini 6 but don't always fully loading.
    I recently purchased an iPad Mini 9 and I'm having the same problem as you. 
    I doubt it as the forum went back to the old style some while back and the new look was dumped.
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,376 ✭✭✭
    edited 15 June 2022, 3:15PM
    fabiansky said:
    Darren said:
    The new look forums seem to be a times now trying to load on my iPad Mini 6 but don't always fully loading.
    I recently purchased an iPad Mini 9 and I'm having the same problem as you. 
    I doubt it, as the latest iPad Mini is version 6, and is so new that we had to import the case we wanted from the US, as the maker hadn’t got beyond 5 in the UK.

    But perhaps you mean just plain iPad 9?

    I’m having an issue at the moment where the format of the Community gets utterly screwed up on my iPad, and I have to go into Settings/Safari/Advanced/Website Data and clear the YouView entry there.

    Maybe worth a try…..
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
Sign In or Register to comment.