BT Pro Box and radio programmes

jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
My recently acquired BT Pro Box fails to handle the on-screen image correctly when a radio programme is selected.
This is particularly annoying with BBC channels as these often provide additional information, not just the channel logo.
There's also the risk of screen burn - with other boxes you can pause the programme briefly and this results in a blank screen. 

Comments

• RohitRohit Administrator Posts: 29 admin
    Hi @jimb are you able to share a photo of the issue you're seeing? 

• jimbjimb Member, Super User Posts: 1,402 ✭✭✭
    Here you go @Rohit... 

(This remained the same after a factory reset.) 
  • zulu17zulu17 Member, Super User Posts: 1,098 ✭✭✭
    Only observations:
    I believe the BT TV Box Pro doesn’t support the older MHEG technology (which was used to deliver the legacy red button service). Does  the additional data that the BBC have on radio freeview broadcasts rely  on that technology ..

• joneshjonesh Member, Super User Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭
    zulu17 said:
    Only observations:
    I believe the BT TV Box Pro doesn’t support the older MHEG technology (which was used to deliver the legacy red button service). Does  the additional data that the BBC have on radio freeview broadcasts rely  on that technology ..
    Well spotted.
    Presumably the MHEG red button text service doesn't work on the BBC radio stations either.
  • RohitRohit Administrator Posts: 29 admin
    Hi all, that's right MHEG is not supported on the BT TV Box Pro so that difference in radio slates is expected I'm afraid.