Factory reset on my BT YouView Box not working.

Tyketto1968Tyketto1968 Member Posts: 4
I haven't been able to update the software on my Humax box for about a year. Decided to finally do something about it as the box was getting slower to react to the remote, so tried a reboot. At which point it just got stuck, hanging in 'loading' mode - only one blue light on the front instead of two as well.
Tried every one of the recovery / factory reset options in Maintenance mode and none of them work. I'm guessing the box is totally fritzed? Only 3 years old...
Anyone have any suggestions before I get it replaced?

Comments

• RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭
    Greetings @Tyketto1968 and welcome to the Community!

Time was that when a rebooted box tried to contact the YouView servers and couldn’t, it was done for.

That changed recently though, but the rescue may not work on a box whose software is a year out of date 😢

Hopefully, YouView’s own resurrection man, @Stephen, will be around tomorrow, and can pronounce on this.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • Tyketto1968Tyketto1968 Member Posts: 4
    Thank you, Roy. Look forward to the handing down of the tablet.
  • StephenStephen Member Posts: 783 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It sounds like your box @Tyketto1968 isn't even getting back into Setup after a reset though? The maintenance mode resets are failing? Could you tell us which box model it is, and what (if any) errors you see when trying to do the resets?
    Although it very much sounds like some kind of hardware failure.
    Did you get your box from BT with a TV subscription? If so and you are still paying they should replace it for you.
    edited 6 June 2022, 7:25PM
    Yep, that's right Stephen. As soon as I try any option in maintenance mode - factory reset etc. I get the error message - 'Sorry selected option failed'.

Here are the tech deets:

Model code: 91-00512
    SYSID84B0.8530
    VER. 0.30P

Sadly I bought it online, so BT unlikely to replace it, although some CS guy on chat yesterday seemed to suggest their 'Values' team might replace it - probably if I subscribe to BT TV though I'm guessing...
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭
    edited 6 June 2022, 8:32PM
    @Tyketto1968

We’re looking for the Model/Variant number, as per:-

https://support.youview.com/youview-box/software-updates/latest-software-versions/

Would this be a DTR-T2110?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
    Ah, sorry - yes it is... DTR-T2110