Doesn't exist

kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,018 ✭✭
Fairly confident that youview has more viewers than Sky glass so why no mention?
Apparently youview no longer exists. 
Oh wait

Comments

  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 June 2022, 10:46PM
    On a different channel on YouView than the Freeview channel number, is it then?

    Oh, wait…..
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 635 ✭✭
    edited 25 June 2022, 7:49PM
    Not a channel I really been watching since it launched and I have never been a fan of Piers Morgan.
    I watch GB News more but my main news channel is BBC News. Followed by at times Sky News.
    @kodikid think it would have said Freeview/Youview 237.
    They may think not may have Youview so don't list it as being on Youview
    As I have said before as much as I love Youview and my two Youview boxes that are a good 4 and 5 years old and the best boxes I have ever had. Youview has been slowly getting a little outdated with its software over the last year or so.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 June 2022, 8:26PM
    I don't know what I'm going to do without my YouView box as I love it. It does everything I ever wanted it to. It will be a sad day when it goes/dies. A T3-R at £168? Maybe?
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • VisionmanVisionman Member, Super User Posts: 10,282 ✭✭✭
    edited 25 June 2022, 8:48PM
    kodikid said:
    Apparently youview no longer exists. 

     Officially? No.
    I'm now happy with the disagree icon, because its gone.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,018 ✭✭
    Darren said:
    Not a channel I really been watching since it launched and I have never been a fan of Piers Morgan.
    I watch GB News more but my main news channel is BBC News. Followed by at times Sky News.
    @kodikid think it would have said Freeview/Youview 237.
    They may think not may have Youview so don't list it as being on Youview
    As I have said before as much as I love Youview and my two Youview boxes that are a good 4 and 5 years old and the best boxes I have ever had. Youview has been slowly getting a little outdated with its software over the last year or so.
    Hi Darren 

    Your right that they think not many have youview, 

     but surely more people must have youview then Sky glass or even Freesat

     yet they're both included and poor old youview like I said doesn't exist. 
    Oh wait
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 June 2022, 10:35AM
    kodikid said:
    Darren said:
    Not a channel I really been watching since it launched and I have never been a fan of Piers Morgan.
    I watch GB News more but my main news channel is BBC News. Followed by at times Sky News.
    @kodikid think it would have said Freeview/Youview 237.
    They may think not may have Youview so don't list it as being on Youview
    As I have said before as much as I love Youview and my two Youview boxes that are a good 4 and 5 years old and the best boxes I have ever had. Youview has been slowly getting a little outdated with its software over the last year or so.
    Hi Darren 

    Your right that they think not many have youview, 

     but surely more people must have youview then Sky glass or even Freesat

     yet they're both included and poor old youview like I said doesn't exist. 
    @kodikid

    Remind me again where YouView gets its broadcast channels from?

    This is just another of your chimaeras, isn’t it?
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • John LJohn L Member, Super User Posts: 885 ✭✭
    It's amazing how many have never heard of Youview. Often I have mentioned Youview. Recently, one of my friends was talking about technology. I asked what TV setup he had. Never heard of Youview . . . He replied:  BT TV. When I explained that Youview was same box, they write/design, in some cases support the software, behind the design etc . . . Oh yes, I think I recall Youview mentioned somewhere.

    A lot of subscribers, TV users, don't realise what they are using. No wonder the name of Youview has been dropped, rebranded by mainly BT.  John L
    Can't wait for the day when Youview get rid of the dreaded darkened banner when using fast forward/rewind recordings. 
  • Stevef_fr8ysStevef_fr8ys Member, Super User Posts: 640 ✭✭
    edited 26 June 2022, 11:21AM
    Even in the early days most with YouView confused it with Freeview. People thought of YouView being a brand name to deliver Freeview.
    Even now on the TT forum some users will say they have an issue with their Freeview box .
    Also TV listings I use only use Freeview channels. No mention of YouView as they'd be duplicating the information.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,018 ✭✭
    Roy said:
    kodikid said:
    Darren said:
    Not a channel I really been watching since it launched and I have never been a fan of Piers Morgan.
    I watch GB News more but my main news channel is BBC News. Followed by at times Sky News.
    @kodikid think it would have said Freeview/Youview 237.
    They may think not may have Youview so don't list it as being on Youview
    As I have said before as much as I love Youview and my two Youview boxes that are a good 4 and 5 years old and the best boxes I have ever had. Youview has been slowly getting a little outdated with its software over the last year or so.
    Hi Darren 

    Your right that they think not many have youview, 

     but surely more people must have youview then Sky glass or even Freesat

     yet they're both included and poor old youview like I said doesn't exist. 
    @kodikid

    Remind me again where YouView gets its broadcast channels from?

    This is just another of your chimaeras, isn’t it?
    That is so spooky. 
    Was going to invest in one of those but decided to get a fire pit instead. 
    Oh wait
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 June 2022, 11:44AM
    "John L"

    You’re sure you aren’t confusing cause and effect John?😛

    But it is certainly the case that the name of YouView is reviled on ‘TV and Home Cinema’ on the Sony Community, due to the incomplete and rather unsatisfactory implementation of it on Sony Android TVs.

    And it is hidden away on the latest of these TVs under the heading ‘Live & Catchup TV’ now, and no longer the default option when you start up a new Sony Android TV.

    I used to support (as in ‘stand up for’) YouView on that Community, while not being blind to the faults of that implementation, but no longer post there after I was insulted, and the Mods took down my robust reply, but would not take down the post with the insult in. So I have left them to it 😢

    In contrast, YouView proper is so seamless, that a common complaint on the NowTV Community used to be people who couldn’t get NowTV entertainment on ‘my TV’. And until we learned to recognise the pattern, you had to tease it out of them that there was a YouView box in the equation, never mind if it was labelled YouView, BT TV or TalkTalk. 

    Which tells us that Alan Sugar’s dream was fulfilled, even if YouView’s dream wasn’t 😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭
    edited 26 June 2022, 4:18PM
    kodikid said:
    Roy said:
    kodikid said:
    Darren said:
    Not a channel I really been watching since it launched and I have never been a fan of Piers Morgan.
    I watch GB News more but my main news channel is BBC News. Followed by at times Sky News.
    @kodikid think it would have said Freeview/Youview 237.
    They may think not may have Youview so don't list it as being on Youview
    As I have said before as much as I love Youview and my two Youview boxes that are a good 4 and 5 years old and the best boxes I have ever had. Youview has been slowly getting a little outdated with its software over the last year or so.
    Hi Darren 

    Your right that they think not many have youview, 

     but surely more people must have youview then Sky glass or even Freesat

     yet they're both included and poor old youview like I said doesn't exist. 
    @kodikid

    Remind me again where YouView gets its broadcast channels from?

    This is just another of your chimaeras, isn’t it?
    That is so spooky. 
    Was going to invest in one of those but decided to get a fire pit instead. 
    Barb-ecute 😛
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • DarrenDarren Member, Super User Posts: 635 ✭✭
    edited 26 June 2022, 12:13PM
    I just seen an ad on Horror channel for changes to the channel lineup and rebranding of the channel from 30th June and it lists the channel as being on Sky, Virgin, Freesat and Freeview. It dont say anything about Youview.
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,018 ✭✭
    Did you know youview is 10 on July 4th.

    Sadly can't see it getting past March 31st 2024.

    If worst case scenario happens and no more funding is forthcoming will it simply disappear from our screens?

    Oh wait
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭
    kodikid said:
    Did you know youview is 10 on July 4th.

    Sadly can't see it getting past March 31st 2024.

    If worst case scenario happens and no more funding is forthcoming will it simply disappear from our screens?
    @kodikid

    With such a large amount invested in YouView boxes, I’m surprised you seem to keep glorying in its projected demise.

    But it is certainly true that these boxes can’t survive standalone without the YouView servers supporting them.

    However, what you have invested pales into insignificance compared with BT’s investment, not just in boxes, but in its own infrastructure for BT TV.

    So I think we may assume that BT will want to keep YouView alive; but we may also assume they will face regulatory hurdles, and will probably be able to take over YouView only if YouView cannot continue as a separate going concern.

    We may also hope that BT would keep the existing boxes from the ‘retail’ side of YouView alive, either out of the goodness of their hearts, or because this was a precondition of them getting such regulatory approval.

    So if you continue your prophecies of doom, you may need to change your username to ‘Cassandra’.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
  • kodikidkodikid Member Posts: 1,018 ✭✭
    edited 26 June 2022, 7:44PM
    Cassandra!

    Sorry but my lack of knowledge of Greek mythology will always be my achilles' elbow 

    Oh wait.......

    Oh wait
  • RoyRoy Member, Super User Posts: 17,458 ✭✭✭
    Time wounds all heels.
    ‘Have nothing in your houses that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful’ Wm Morris
Sign In or Register to comment.