Yvm302

• Problem
  • Updated 1 year ago
  • In Progress
I've had the youview box for about a month, initially it worked fine, but in the last couple of weeks I get the yvm302 error about loss of signal. This does effects different channels at different times, but at the mo most are not watchable. I have retuned and reset the box, but no difference. The same aerial cable plugged into the tv directly is fine - it shows all freeview channels perfectly.
Photo of David Green

David Green

• 140 Points 100 badge 2x thumb

Posted 3 years ago

Photo of Tanja

Tanja

• 3,706 Points 3k badge 2x thumb
Hi David, we have an FAQ for this issue. I would recommend to follow the steps as they are laid out in it and if that doesn't resolve it you have the link to our useful contacts as a last step.
http://www.youview.com/support/kb/res...
Photo of Sandra Cohen

Sandra Cohen

• 82 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I have tried all your recommendations and nothing making it work!
I keep getting the same error message
Photo of Phil

Phil, Official Rep

• 12,100 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
Hi Sandra, the past week there has been a period of high atmospheric pressure which has caused a number of viewers to have a weak signal on live TV, or experience the error YVM 302.

This has been prevalent most of last week however this should have largely subsided although if you live in the South of England you may still be experiencing some issues. Otherwise if this is still a problem you can try a box retunre (which you may have tried) and also check the coverage checker on the Digital UK website http://www.digitaluk.co.uk/ for any issue in the area.

Also you may want to check the signal strength on your box in in Settings> TV Signal and Quality to see if this is variable for you?

Let me know how you get on,

Phil
Photo of c c

c c

• 5,794 Points 5k badge 2x thumb
Say what? Has a word been accidentally omitted from your final rather Jamesian sentence, or am I just not reading it right? :-)
Photo of c c

c c

That's better.
Photo of Roy

Roy

• 97,602 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
:-)

I think I started one sentence and ended another. Now corrected, as you have observed.

I take it you were thinking of Henry rather than Clive?

Though it wouldn't be surprising if my sentences were somewhat influenced by the latter.....

http://www.peteatkin.com/chgrevcb.htm
Photo of Sandra

Sandra

• 150 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
That's where I went wrong - should have been reading books or listening to live music rather than watching TV.
Photo of c c

c c

Those were the days, eh?
Photo of David Fisher

David Fisher

• 80 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
I am having a similar problem, since friday I have been getting the yvm302 message, you can be watching tv (signal strength 69-71%, quality 100%) and then all the channels disappear.

Sometimes turning box off and on gets channels back, other times you need to do a factory restore, however this doesn't always guarantee getting the channels back.

I have been through all the steps in the FAQ but all the channels continue to disappear.
Photo of Ylber Karaj

Ylber Karaj

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
hi my tv is not working good is any one can hellp me
Photo of Ylber Karaj

Ylber Karaj

• 92 Points 75 badge 2x thumb
i goot the same problem with my tv
Photo of Julie Rayner

Julie Rayner

• 230 Points 100 badge 2x thumb
I am having the same problem. My last house had a loft aerial. The YouView was fine, but the signal was not strong enough for the digital TV.

I have just moved and now have a newly fitted aerial on the roof. Now the digital TV is fine but the YouView is absolutely appalling, the signal breaks up on all channels. What's going on?

Am seriously thinking about selling the box as it is frankly a waste of space at the moment!

It is a brand new aerial with brand new wiring so the fault must be with the box. Any advice gratefully received!
Photo of Kathy Boyd

Kathy Boyd

• 60 Points

we too have been having a problem with this. its something to do with the grey lead that connects the modem to the you view box. when you try and contact customer support no body answers the phone. great . just before xmas too.

Photo of Steven Harris

Steven Harris

• 62 Points
I'm having the same issue.  Everything has been working fine but now suddenly whenever I turn on the YouView box I get a blank screen and then the YVM302 warning box appears.  It is not a problem with the aerial as the aerial feeds through the YouView box to my TV and my TV has all the channels without a problem at all.  

I have tried all of the suggestions on the FAQs and I have also done a reset in maintenance mode as suggested elsewhere.  This causes the channels to come back for between 30 minutes to an hour but then the problem resurfaces again.  Sometimes I can get the channels back just by pressing and holding the power button on the front to restart the machine but this doesn't always work.

Something has clearly happened to the box and I would appreciate any help to be able to fix it.
Photo of Sandra

Sandra

My problem is exactly as per David Fisher's. The signal quality is about 68%, the YVM302 message appears, all 131 channels then have a 0% signal. Sometimes fixed by retuning, sometimes by a reset. The aerial was new last year.
Photo of Roy

Roy

• 97,602 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Quality or strength? Any Quality reading below 100 % is awful. At a guess, your YouView box has fastened onto the wrong transmitter; an aerial attenuator may help it here.
Photo of Sandra

Sandra

Quality is 100%, it's the strength that's 68%.
Photo of Roy

Roy

• 97,106 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
That's a nice comfortable number for strength, so that aspect should be OK.

But I still suspect the 'wrong transmitter' issue as a possibility here.

Put your postcode into the reception predictor, top right on the page
http://www.ukfree.tv/allchannels.php
and tell us if you have competing transmitters in your area, by any chance.
Photo of Sandra

Sandra

I don't altogether understand what that site's showing - it seems to be transmitters for mobile networks.

However, I know that there are two relevant transmitters because my neighbour in the same building has an aerial pointing in a different direction. The man who fitted my aerial last year commented on that and said that there were 2 possibles. Would that cause the signal strength to go from 68% to 0% and back again, sometimes in minutes?  Also, the problem started only a week ago. 
Photo of al

al

• 13,522 Points 10k badge 2x thumb
If you have the choice of two transmitters then you might be quite far from both. In which case you have probably got an amplifier fitted. If it has a problem and starts drawing too much current then it could be powering up and down giving the results you describe.
Photo of Roy

Roy

• 97,106 Points 50k badge 2x thumb
Which would affect the TV set equally, I'd have thought, so should be easy to test for.